Fair Food is seeking an intern to work approximately 3-4 days per week over through the Fall of 2013. The intern’s time will be divided between the Fair Food office and the Fair Food Farmstand and will be supervised jointly by the Programs Coordinator and the Farmstand Operations Manager.
Start Date: Late August 2013
End Dates: December 2013
Double Dollars Program Support
- Organize and enter program data
- Act as Double Dollars point person while working at the Farmstand
- Administer the Double Dollars program
- Conduct customer surveys
- Analyze survey results and present to staff
Provide general support within the organization. Tasks will generally include:
- General office tasks to include copying, mailing and filing
- Research and create content for Fair Food’s blog and weekly e-newsletter
- Support Fair Food’s annual donor appeal
- Provide customer service and logistics support for Thanksgiving turkey orders
- Perform short-term research projects as needed
- Represent Fair Food at community events
- Ability to self-direct & manage multiple ongoing projects and duties
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database software, internet research
- Extremely well-organized, detail and strong writing skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Availability the Monday-Wednesday before Thanksgiving a plus!
- Enthusiasm for & knowledge of our local food system!
Benefits: The internship is unpaid but interns do receive a discount at the Fair Food Farmstand in Reading Terminal Market as well as opportunities to attend special events as a representative of Fair Food.
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume as a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with Fall 2013 Internship in the subject line.